THE RETRO ELECTRO LOOPHOLE.
The intersection of disco, electro and hip hop in the early 80s.
Themes of technology, space, and to dance dance dance.
Inspired by Patrick the Bunny‘s DJ set from Retro Electro Sideshow from London’s 2014 Nuit Blanche which I helped curate.
- Grace Jones – Slave to the Rhythm
- Mantronix – Bassline
- The Packman – Im The Packman
- Steinski – The Payoff Mix
- George Clinton – Loopzilla
- Tyrone Brunson – The Smurf
- C.O.D. – In The Bottle
- Q – The Voice of Q
- Shannon – Let The Music Play
- Warp 9 – Light Years Away
- The Masterdon Committee – Funk Box Party
- Whodini – Magic’s Wand
- Herbie Hancock – Rockit
- Art Of Noise – Beat Box (Diversion One)
- John Carpenter – The End
- Newcleus – Jam On It
- Man Parrish – Hip Hop Be Bop (Don’t Stop)
- Hashim – Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)
- Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force – Planet Rock
- Twilight 22 – Electric Kingdom
- Cybotron – Cosmic Cars
- World Class Wreckin Cru – Mission Possible
- Klein & MBO – Dirty Talk
- Giorgio Moroder – Chase
- Section 25 – Looking From A Hilltop (Restructure)
- SHOCK – R.E.R.B.
- Capricorn – I Need Love
- Yello – Vicious Games
- Space – Magic Fly
- Charlie – Spacer Woman
- New Order – Blue Monday