BLACK AS MIDNIGHT ON A MOONLESS NIGHT
Episode 139. mp3. Released January 12, 2014.
Radio Slipstream is 9 years old today.
So here’s another episode. A bit of a gothic tint this time around (You can probably guess by acting out some of the names). A couple of classics. Some newer witchiness, and a bit of hip hop at the end… cuz.
Also, please try to pronounce Einstürzende Neubauten loudly at friends and enemies alike.
Things to Note:
– The kickass lyrics Nick Cave gifts to us at the end of Release the Bats (“Baby is a cool machine/she moves to the pulse of a generator/she says damn that sex supreme/she says, she says damn that horror bat/sex horror sex bat sex horror sex vampire”)
– If you want to talk about the term “underrated”, check out Rowland S. Howard’s 1999 album. I’d even go so far as to use the term “hidden gem.”
– King Krule’s awesome accent.
– Capping it off with a self-titled album’s title track! So cool.
Hope you enjoy.
- Esben and the Witch / Smashed to Pieces in the Still Of / Wash the Sins Not Only the Face (2013)
- The Birthday Party / Release the Bats / Junkyard (1982)
- Savages / Shut Up / Silence Yourself (2013)
- Joy Division / Love Will Tear Us Apart (1980)
- The Cure / Disintegration / Disintegration (1989)
- Majical Cloudz / Bugs Don’t Buzz / Impersonator (2013)
- Rowland S. Howard / Dead Radio / Teenage Snuff Film (1999)
- King Krule / Easy Easy / 6 Feet Beneath the Moon (2013)
- Einstürzende Neubauten / Sonnenbarke / Silence Is Sexy (2000)
- The Smiths / How Soon Is Now / Hatful of Hollow (1984)
- CHELSEA WOLFE / The Warden / Pain is Beauty (2013)
- Grimes / Be A Body (侘寂) / Visions (2012)
- Dead Can Dance / Opium / Anastasis (2012)
- The National / Don’t Swallow The Cap / Trouble Will Find Me (2013)
- Ka / You Know It’s About / The Night’s Gambit (2013)
- Krust (feat. Saul Williams) / Coded Language / Coded Language (1999)
- Run The Jewels / Run The Jewels / Run The Jewels (2013)