Grasping How to Reach
Being a collection of songs representing the most favourite of songs enjoyed in 2006 (not necessarily, but principally, being songs originating in 2006).
This disc sort of has a theme, but definitely has a flow. It starts off gentle, ramps up in intensity, gets rather forceful, eases off with a bit of dance-club frivolity, and then enters into a sweeping streak of cinematic epicosity where you get self-actualized and have suns exploding in your heart.
I also found that a lot of the songtitles seem to go together… having to do with time and loss and new beginnings. but that is almost purely coincidental. Also, in retrospect, this is not my most favourite of mixes at all, but all the songs are good!
MP3 – CUE
- Shearwater – Nobody
- Califone – The Orchids
- Bonnie “Prince” Billy – Strange Form of Life
- Augie March – One Crowded Hour
- Baby Eagle – Some Things We Lose
- The Decemberists – Culling of the Fold
- Band of Horses – The Funeral
- TV on the Radio – Hours
- Killer Mike – That’s Life
- Saul Williams – Act III Scene 2 (Shakesphere)
- Herbert – Something Isn’t Right
- Busdriver – Sun Shower
- Junior Boys – In the Morning
- Alex Smoke – 6am
- Ali Farka Touré & Toumani Diabaté – Hawa Dolo
- Underworld and Gabriel Yared – Happy Toast
- Sofian Rouge – El Wahrania
- CunninLynguists – Nothing to Give
- Sunset Rubdown – Shut Up I Am Dreaming of Places Where Lovers Have Wings